WHAT IS PARISH LIFE?
The parish community has a special role in promoting participation in the life, mission, and work of the faith community. The parish life office:
- coordinates volunteers for all Masses
- assists with funeral planning and coordinates the Meals of Mercy Ministry for meals/receptions
- assists with weddings as needed
- arranges hospitality for the parish functions and celebrations
- assists all departments with events as needed/requested
"The parish is where the Church lives. Parishes are communities of faith, of action, and of hope. They are where the Gospel is proclaimed and celebrated, where believers are formed and sent to renew the earth. Parishes are the home of the Christian community; they are the heart of our Church. Parishes are the place where God's people meet Jesus in word and sacrament and come in touch with the source of the Church's life." Communities of Salt and Light, p.1
PARISH LIFE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
This important role at St. Bernard's has been conducted for the past 3 1/2 years in a job-sharing role which has worked well. However, one person can also meet the demands of this job. To find out more, visit with Msgr. Gaalaas at 918-299-9406. Click here for the job description. We hope to have this job filled by July 1, 2021! It is a wonderful way to serve the Lord.